SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 2

From:
Clint Yoby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 19:23:44 CDT
Emily:

One of my all time favorite films is the "B" CLASSIC,
"Soylent Green," filmed (I think) in the late '60's, starring (The)
Chuck Heston and Edward G. Robinson. Plot is set in the future, and
the world's food supply is running out; all available for consumption
is "man-made food" substances. Chuck plays a detective (once again,
I think) out to find out why a ton of corpses are disappearing. I
don't want to give the film away, so all I'll say is that it seems to
fit what you're looking for - rent (or purchase; I recommend Laser
Disc - quality is MUCH better), and hopefully you'll find "The Secret
of Soylent Green."

Enjoy.
         Clint Yoby
   mailto:[log in to unmask]