SCREEN-L Archives

February 2003, Week 4

From:
gloria monti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:51:19 -0800
        Albertone, aka Alberto Sordi -- possibly the last surviving
member of the genre Comedy Italian Style, died early this morning in
Rome.  He was 82.  His funeral, on Thursday, will be broadcast live
on RAI (the Italian *public* television).
        I searched the internet for some info. in English I could
pass along, but, sadly, I haven't found anything yet.  Not even on
CNN.COM international.
        So, here's a site in Italian.

http://www.rai.it/RAInet/news/RNw/pub/articolo/raiRNewsArticolo/0,7605,^culture^^1,00.html

        Gloria Monti
--
Gloria Monti, Ph.D.
Los Angeles

"I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation
where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the
content of their character."

Dr. Martin Luther King

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite