SCREEN-L Archives

December 2002, Week 3

Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:42:57 EST
Dear friends at SCS,

I apologize if this is a cross-posting for some of you, but we have come out
with our new 2003 Milestone VHS and DVD Catalog. If you're interested in
getting a copy, email me back directly at [log in to unmask]

Some of the new titles we have for VHS and DVD are:
Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle and Buster Keaton's THE COOK AND OTHER TREASURES (VHS
now, DVD on 2/11)
Gillo Pontecorvo's THE WIDE BLUE ROAD (starring Yves Montand--DVD on 1/14)
Conrad Rooks' SIDDHARTHA
Henri-Georges Clouzot's THE MYSTERY OF PICASSO (DVD on 1/14)

Some of the titles we have just put out on DVD are:
Lotte Reiniger's THE ADVENTURES OF PRINCE ACHMED
John Canemaker's MARCHING TO A DIFFERENT TOON
Hugh Neely's THE TRUE STORY OF MARION DAVIES: CAPTURED ON FILM

And last but not least, DVD and VHS coming attractions for 2003 include
Michael Powell's THE EDGE OF THE WORLD on DVD (on VHS already)
Raymond Bernard's THE CHESS PLAYER
Manoel de Oliveira's I'M GOING HOME
CUT-UP: THE FILMS OF GRANT MUNRO
WINSOR McCAY: THE MASTER EDITION
Lon Chaney in PHANTOM OF THE OPERA: THE ULTIMATE EDITION
MAD LOVE: THE FILMS OF EVGENII BAUER
Five films starring Mary Pickford...

and more!

Dennis Doros