SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994

From:
"Amy M. Dean" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 00:59:28 CST
Thanks for the great responses so far.  A few of you have asked for more inform
ation on my project.  I am working on a paper for a graduate seminar in a
course on interracial intimacies.  I am attempting to determine whether films
such as the BODYGUARD, GHOST, PULP FICTION etc. don't mention the interracial
component of the relationship because it is "just like any other relationship"
or if the relationship is simply reinforcing the age old steretypes.
Are we becoming culturally more accepting of interracial relationships or
just hiding the racism better?  I don't even attempt to say I have an answer
to that question.  I am still in the beginning stages of my research so all
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Amy M. Dean
University of Alabama