SCREEN-L Archives

October 1999, Week 4

Sender:
From:
"janis l. solomon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:32:50 -0400
I've received a request for help from a former exchange student in
Germany on behalf of her friend who is writing a master's thesis on the
transformation of four fairy tales into animated features, with
particular emphasis on Walt Disney, namely Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella,
Snow White, and The Little Mermaid. She is interested in Disney's own
understanding of these films and information such as why Sleeping Beauty
preceded other stories, and would like to know whom she might contact at
Disney for archival information.  If someone could provide answers to
any of these questions and/or references to analyses of these films in
the secondary literature, I'd appreciate it. Animation is not a special
interest of mine, but I'll pass on the information. My e-mail address is
Thanks,
Janis Solomon

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite