SCREEN-L Archives

February 1996, Week 5

From:
Sandy Cannon-Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 09:04:29 -0500
URGENT:

Women Make Movies '96, the oldest festival of films by women in the United
States, is looking for an outstanding feature film by a woman to premiere in
Washington, DC, during Filmfest DC.  Women Make Movies '96 is NOT a
competition.  We choose films that have been hits at other festivals, won
academy award nominations, etc., to showcase in Washington.   We have several
fabulous films for the festival, but we have not identified our Saturday
night feature (April 27) which includes a VIP party honoring the fimmaker,
etc.The film we're seeking must be on 35mm, be wonderful, never shown in DC,
and produced, directed and/or written by a woman. If you know of a promising
film that is NOT yet in distribution (our problem), Please e-mail back to
[log in to unmask] ASAP or call Susan Barocas, program chair, at (202) 537-3743.
Thank you!!