SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 2

Sender:
From:
wheeler dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 1994 14:16:05 CST
Although I have only been on screen-l for two days now, I am already
struck by the narrowness of the discourse. Kenneth Branagh and Quentin
Tarantino--please! What about Darnell Martin, Ousmane Sembene,Maria
Novaro,Takehiko Nakajima,Sally Potter, Idrisa Ouedraogo,Zhang Yimou,
John Collins, Jean-Isidore Isou,Ulrike Ottinger,Sarah Madoror, Yilmaz
Guney, Mahama Traore,Ann Hui and many, many others whom we might
discuss? Also it seems as if women and Third World
filmmakers/videomakers are being marginalized in the ongoing
discussion.Thoughts, comments?