SCREEN-L Archives

February 1996, Week 4

Sender:
From:
"Richard J. Leskosky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 18:03:35 -0600
>In answer to the question:
>2. what other films depict Richard III in addition to Tower of London (1942 &
>>1963)?
>
>I would point out that, while it's not precisely a film version of Richard
>III, Richard Dreyfuss and Neil Simon do get some (politically incorrect,
>perhaps) comic milage out of a staged version within the plot of _The
>Goodbye Girl_.
>
>David Desser
David's response called to mind a briefer yet perhaps even less politically
correct reference to playing Richard III in NOISES OFF.  But that was the
play, and I can't remember whether that sight gag made it into Peter
Bogdanovich's 1992 film version.
--Richard J.Leskosky

Richard J. Leskosky                     office phone: (217) 244-2704
Assistant Director                      FAX: (217) 244-2223
Unit for Cinema Studies                 University of Illinois