SCREEN-L Archives

March 1992

Sender:
From:
"David A. Roth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1992 11:41:42 EST
In Regards to your letter <[log in to unmask]>:
> Bert:
>
> I could try to summarize some of my favorite bits here, but the humor would
> no doubt be lost.  Suffice it to say SCTV was as funny as most people
> mistakenly remember the original SNL to have been.  Unfortunately, the show
> never got a wide audience, and NBC killed it after just two years.  Most of
> the cast went on to be movie stars, anyway.
>
> Tom G.

I'm glad to hear someone else give credit to SCTV.   I have old video tapes
of the shows that I still pull out and watch.  Not only was the writing
great but when the cast took on different characters they were believeable.
 I never would say to myself, "oh, there is Dave Thomas playing someone
else..."  Much more than makeup!

There's also something to be said about a fictional network that signs on the
air by throwing TV sets out the window! :-)

David

        David A. Roth Music                 uunet!abvax!osu-cis!david!david
        Post Office Box 1082                    From CompuServ:
        Westerville, Ohio 43081-1082            send >internet:[log in to unmask]
        U.S.A.
        Telephone: (614) 890-7684 ( 24-Hour Voice/Fax )