SCREEN-L Archives

December 1994, Week 1

From:
MISSY PRICE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 11:26:36 -0600
>I have a student who is writing a senior thesis on parental
>kidnapping.  She is interested in compiling a list of feature
>films and made-for-tv films which, in whole or part, treat
>this subject.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks,
>Grady Ballenger

NOT WITHOUT MY DAUGHTER could be considered such a film.... the
father, in effect, kidnaps the child when he does not allow the
mother to leave Iran with her....then.... the mother takes the child
away (illegally under Iranian law) to return to the States.

I'm sure that this is *not* the type of kidnapping that your student
is interested in writing about.... but... the incidents of
international parents taking American children to live overseas has
gotten a lot of press coverage in recent years.

Melissa Lee Price (Dr. Missy) | [log in to unmask]
Northwestern State University, Dept. Jour/Telecom