SCREEN-L Archives

December 2003, Week 1

From:
Robert Hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 00:37:42 EST
Roy Kinnear on Return of the Musketeers
Marty Feldman on Yellowbeard  (not a good track record for British comic
actors, is it?)
John Candy on Wagons East (I read an article somewhere about how the
filmmakers on this and The Crow had to resort to outtakes and other means to finish
the films,..alas, I don't remember where it was...)
More recently, Gloria Foster and Aaliyah both died during the filming of the
two Matrix sequels
I think Francoise Dorleac died shortly after filming her role in The Soft
Skin, an event Truffaut later alludes to in Day For Night

I suppose a footnote should go to the two attempts to revive the Pink Panther
series in the 1980s. "Trail of the Pink Panther" was built entirely around
outtakes of the deceased Pink Panther, while the sequel, "Curse of the Pink
Panther" included a performance by David Niven. Niven was still alive but so frail
that his performance was dubbed by Rich Little...

Robert Hunt