SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
"D. S. Cunningham" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 1994 23:53:52 PDT
Alison, you wrote:

>In addition, the news net bulletin board alt.fan.oj-simpson has racked up
>numerous posts on the case, addressing it from a variety of
>perspectives (informed, ill-informed, off-the-wall, you name
>it).  The fact that it exists at all (I suspect it was formed in
>the wake of the June murders, but I don't know for sure) is another
>measure of the virtual explosion of cultural discourse around these
>events.

It was indeed formed after the murders, but before the bronco ride.
Also, for those seeking OJ jokes, check out alt.humor. There is
already a listing of "canonical" OJ jokes, most of which are unbearbly
bad, but include references to football, hertz, orange juice, usc,
interracial marriage, waiters, etc. Fascinating. There is also a
bulletin board called alt.oj-simpson.die.die.die.

And I heard there's already a quickie paperback on the market.

Donna Cunningham
University of Southern California