SCREEN-L Archives

November 1999, Week 3

From:
"a.badie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 00:52:46 +0330
Hi Everyone:

After many years as a professional script writer, I've been offered to teach
two graduate-level courses in _screenplay writing _ and _script analysis_
for the spring semester in the country where I was born (Iran).

Now, I was wondering if anybody out there could suggest appropriate texts
and/or reading supplements for such courses. I'm sure the texts have changed
dramatically since my college days at USC-Cinema in mid seventies!

Although I'll be teaching the course in Persian, some decent
English-language texts should come handy since, to my astonishment, I've
found out that many of the students in this country have a rather admirable
command of the English language.

I do thank you in advance!

Amir Badie