SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
Guy Rosefelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 1994 08:48:51 U
Mail*Link(r) SMTP               RE>subliminal backgrounds

>>It smacks too much of the in-joke (for those in the know) or
>>advertisements for themselves.    Andrew Gordon

What's wrong with it being an in-joke?  It is a little gem for those in the
know and virtually unnoticed by those who aren't.  It isn't necessarily
"product placement" if it is done as tribute or in fun of something.
Although some people may feel there is a fine line between in-jokes and
product placement, I think those folks are too cynical to let others enjoy
themselves.

Guy