SCREEN-L Archives

January 1992

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1992 20:17:22 CST
Two items regarding the running of SCREEN-L:

1.  My graduate teaching assistant, Tony Sun, will be taking over some
of the SCREEN-L tasks (when he isn't puzzling over spreadsheets).  I
plan to use Tony to work up announcements and other materials in a more
timely manner.

(Incidently, Tony comes to us from Beijing where he worked at the
Beijing Film Studios as a script supervisor on films such as IRON AND
SILK--which,I notice,is just out on videocassette.  Perhaps SCREEN-L
should take this opportunity to get the insider's view on the Fifth
Generation of Chinese film makers?)

2.  I'm slowly but surely getting SCREEN-L set up as a "filelist."
ASCII files could then be stored on it and retrieved very simply over
BITNET and Internet.  You don't have to use File Transfer Protocol or
anything like that.  You just send LISTSERV@UA1VM the command, "GET
FILENAME," and it comes zipping your way.

I'll announce its formal arrival here when all the bugs are worked out,
but SCREEN-L members might be thinking of material they'd like to
distribute in this fashion.

All for now...

          Baseball has the great advantage over cricket of
          being sooner ended.
                                  --George Bernard Shaw--

|                                      | BITNET   :        JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
| SCREEN-L Coordinator                 | GEnie    :           J.BUTLER27 |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |