SCREEN-L Archives

March 1992

Sender:
From:
"Jean.MacDougall" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1992 14:22:00 EST
Quite a few years age I saw a film which I think was a Fellini production, and
now I can't remember the title. The film was in color and concerned woman who
was struggling against an impending nervous breakdown because her husband was
either divorcing her, philandering, or both. This caused her to have strange
visions occasionally; these were startling in their surreal effects, which
strongly emphasized that her mental state teetered precariously between
reality and fantasy (e.g., While at the seaside she suddenly sees on the ocean
a raft bearing ragged banners, a fire, and a dead mule, among other things.).
Was this a Fellini film? What is it's title? Is it available on video? Thanks,
Jean.MacDougall.