SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1993 09:04:09 -0500
male, K J Fisher responded...

>Or could it be--he said with great reluctance, fearing the worst--could
>there be just a one in a gazillion chance that men are, on the whole,
>more aggressive than women?

My personal response to this "suggestion" is that while manifestations of
aggression by males are taught and reinforced by our society (thus passed
down from generation to generation), this is in and of itself not a
justification for positing that men are, _on the whole_ anything.

To assume the extent and limitation of one's attributes on the basis of
gender is sexism.

Any more questions about aggression?????

Jill Boldenow
U of MN