SCREEN-L Archives

June 2010, Week 3

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:45:06 -0500
Much of John Caldwell's work addresses this issue -- see TELEVISUALITY and
PRODUCTION CULTURE.

I follow his lead on this in my own book, TELEVISION STYLE (Routledge 2010).
See especially the chapter on MIAMI VICE and its use of a "cinematic"
aesthetic.

Also, you may find John Ellis's book, VISIBLE FICTIONS, pertains to your
interests. It's a compare/contrast of film and TV.

Regards,

Jeremy