SCREEN-L Archives

August 1996, Week 4

Sender:
From:
Michael Plott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 12:23:51 -0400
I think that acting is a skill that people use in several ways-----a good
actor can also be a politican or con man; the skills are the same (a
convincing projection of "self").

People in politics (or con men) generally don't like attention brought to the
fact of their acting skills since it might detract from their credibility, so
they don't (I think) generally take formal acting classes; consequentially, I
would have to say that acting is primarily a natural ability.

I also think, however, that acting skills can be refined, polished and even
expanded by formal training and practice.
Mike