SCREEN-L Archives

August 1993

Sender:
From:
Sandy Dwiggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1993 10:59:07 EDT
I have been to both the Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood in Oregon and to
Yosemite Lodge.  The hotel interior in The Shining is NOT the Timberline
Lodge.  It is similar to Yosemite, from what I remember, but I think
the Indian rugs and other accessories used (if I remember, alot of them
had tones of RED and Black and White...sort of blood-like) are not those
in the Yosemite lodge rooms, which are more neutral in tone.  Sorry no
pictures other than those in my memory banks...Also, there are no mazes
at either location...Why the big deal anyway?   I don't think The
Shining was one of Kubrick's better efforts...And there are lots of
beautiful lodges in mountain locations in the Rockies and the Pacific
Northwest.  The Timberline Lodge is worth seeing just because it was a
WPA project, beautifully designed and handcrafted with handhewn tree
trunks and a marvelous 2ndfloor lounge from which you can see "forever"
on a clear day..Try the Lodge at Jenny Lake in the Tetons...Here I end
the travelogue...

What did you all think of Un Coeur un Hiver?.

+  Sandy Dwiggins               Internet: [log in to unmask]        +
+  Building 82, Room 111        Phone: (301) 496-7406                    +
+  Bethesda, Maryland 20892     Fax:   (301) 480-8105                    +