SCREEN-L Archives

June 1998, Week 2

From:
Leo Enticknap <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 18:49:42 BST
On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 09:51:49 -0500 Kino International Corporation
wrote:

> Folks I need those of you disgusted with the AFI 100 greatest film
list to
> E mail me directly if you are willing to go ON RECORD. Unfortunately
many
> people in the film business as well as archivists are justifiably
afraid to
> say anything publically for fear of offending studio people and most
> journalists are only getting one side. So if you want to talk send
me a
> note and if you want to see that list of AFI's greatest films (
Jerry
> Maguire, Love Story  and of course Pretty Women) just check their
Web site.

Well I'm just a bolshy postgraduate student in some limey university
(although I am a graduate - with distinction - of the University of
East Anglia film archiving MA) but you're welcome to quote me as
saying it's bullshit.

L.