SCREEN-L Archives

September 2018, Week 4

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2018 19:10:51 +0000
From:
"Higgins, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Colleagues,

Wesleyan has posted a new tenure-track search in Film Studies. Please share widely!

WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY FILM STUDIES DEPARTMENT invites applications for an Assistant Professor position in Global Film and Television with an emphasis on Non-Western popular media aesthetics beginning July 1, 2019. We seek colleagues with disciplinary interests in formalism and historical poetics, and we have particular interest in scholars of popular genre beyond the Western Hemisphere. Areas of specialization might include cinema of the Middle East, the Global South, South Asia, East Asia, Africa, or Non-Aligned Nations.

Successful candidates will join a distinguished undergraduate major with nearly fifty years of achievement and over 400 alumni working throughout the film and television industries. The Department is part of Wesleyan’s College of Film and the Moving Image. Our curriculum unifies media studies with production in a liberal arts setting, and emphasizes audience-centered artistic practice. Strong consideration will be given to the teaching records of candidates, scholarship, and the willingness to participate in the further expansion of a burgeoning program. Teaching load is two courses per semester. Additional duties include advising and mentoring students, carrying on a program of research, and participating in faculty governance at the departmental and university level.

Full Description and Application Details Here: https://careers.wesleyan.edu/postings/6517

Very Best,
Scott H.

Scott Higgins
Charles W. Fries Professor
Director, College of Film and the Moving Image
Curator, Wesleyan Cinema Archive
Wesleyan University
https://www.facebook.com/wescfilm/
http://cfilm.blogs.wesleyan.edu/