SCREEN-L Archives

July 1996, Week 5

Sender:
From:
"J. Senft" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 19:46:42 -0400
Cicero said, "O Tempora, O mores!"  (Oh the times, oh the morals!)  And that
was a couple of thousand years ago.

Someone, a few days ago, astutely pointed out (I accidentally deleted the
post) that things are *different* and appear *escalatory* -- there were
times of beheadings and burning at the stake, etc, and now we have what we
have now.  My opinion is shifting since mulling that one over.

There's a big terrorism scare now since flight 800 and the olympics.
Certainly these acts didn't kill *more* people than die in street crime
daily, yet it is viewed as *escalation*.

Just a thought...

-- Jennifer