SCREEN-L Archives

April 2006, Week 3

Sender:
From:
Scott Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:51:09 -0400
Richard Koszarski's _An Evening's Entertainment:  The Age of the Silent Feature Picture, 1915-1929_ makes a brief reference to Hollywood in the 1910s being under the influence of New Thought, which he declares is merely "a euphemism for trascendental occultism" and says nothing more about it.  I could be mistaken, as I have since returned the book to the library, but I don't think he footnoted this claim.  I was raised in a New Thought church and find this claim very tantalizing for research.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Scott

Sent via the WebMail system at cix.csi.cuny.edu

http://www.ScreenSite.org