SCREEN-L Archives

October 1998, Week 2

From:
Erik Engman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 00:50:57 EDT
I have to completely agree on this one. The truth about what happened with
Schindler is different from what happened in the film. But the same could be
said for "Ghandi" "The Elephant Man" "JFK" etc. Richard Walter in his book
"The Whole Picture" argues that movies are about feeling and not about what
really happened. In this, Speilberg excels. He knows how to pull the strings.
I don't exactly agree with this, but I don't write realistic stories, anyway.

Did I like Schindler's List? I had a lot of problems with it. More String
pulling.

-Erik!