SCREEN-L Archives

August 1993

From:
larry schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Holocaust List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1993 16:30:17 CDT
for you screeneller's information.  ls.

larry schwartz, humanities librarian  *
the libraries                         * "I have no desire to prove any-
north dakota state university         *  thing by it.  I have never used
p. o. box 5599                        *  it as an outlet or as a means of
fargo nd  58105-5599                  *  expressing myself.  I just dance."
                                      *                   Fred Astaire

                       H-NET
                   History On-Line
               announces the debut of

                       H-FILM

                Beginning September 1

     H-FILM is a free international forum to promote
the scholarly study of film, television, and popular culture
           and the use of media in teaching

The primary purpose of H-FILM is to enable scholars to
communicate their current resarch and teaching interests
and test new ideas.  H-FILM will feature:

  --reviews of books, films, and documentaries;
  --announcements of grants, conferences, and jobs;
  --course outlines, class handouts, syllabi, and
    bibliographies;
  --discussion of film history, mass communication, and
    popular culture

TO SUBSCRIBE:

  Send this message to [log in to unmask]
  or to [log in to unmask]:
     SUB H-FILM Firstname Surname, Your School

There are no dues or fees of any kind.  Subscribers only
need an address on Bitnet or Internet.

TO CONTRIBUTE TO H-FILM:

Send posts directly to:

To respond to an H-FILM post, use the REPLY command.

You can use your word processor to create a post. Simply
save your document as a plain ASCII file (a "text" or
"DOS" file) before uploading it and sending it.

H-FILM will be moderated to filter out extraneous messages
(like requests for subscription) and items that do not aid
the scholarly dialogue.  All contributions will be part of
the public domain and can be freely used, printed, copied
or retransmitted if credit is given the original author.

Send all questions to:
  Steven Mintz  <[log in to unmask]>