ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

July 2012

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2012 21:56:02 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 13 July 2012:

Pete Seeger, "Banks of Marble," If I Had Hammer (Smithsonian Folkways)
Bare Knuckles, "Woody's Birthday," N/A (N/A)
Woody Guthrie, "This Land Is Your Land," My Dusty Road (Rounder)
Bob Dylan, "Song to Woody," The Best of the Original Mono Recordings (Columbia/Legacy)
Mya Rose, "Woody Guthrie," Sailin' South (Mya Rose)
Woody Guthrie, "BBC: Children's Hour July 7, 1944," Woody at 100 (Smithsonian Folkways)
Christine Albert, "Pastures of Plenty," Pastures of Plenty (DejaDisc)
Woody Guthrie, "Hard Travelin'," Hard Travelin' (Smithsonian Folkways)
Los Super Seven, "Plane Wreck at Los Gatos," Los Super Seven (RCA/BMG)
Sarah Lee Guthrie and Family, "Go Waggaloo," Go Waggaloo (Smithsonian Folkways)
Woody Guthrie, "Riding in My Car," This Land Is Your Land (Kids Rounder)
The Klezmatics, "Gonna Get Through This World," Wonder Wheel (Jewish Music Group)
Ramblin' Jack Elliott, "Ranger's Command," The Long Ride (HighTone)
Woody Guthrie, "So Long, It's Been Good To Know Yuh," Woody at 100 (Smithsonian Folkways)
Bruce Springsteen, "Erie Canal," We Shall Overcome (Columbia)
The Duhks, "Down to the River," Migrations (Sugar Hill)
Carolina Chocolate Drops, "Ruby, Are You Made at Your Man?," Leaving Eden (Nonesuch)
Greg Brown, "Your Town Now," Dream City (Red House)
David Francey, "Morning Train," The Waking Hour (Red House)
Doc Watson, Gaither Carlton, "Hicks Farewell," There is No Eye:  Music for Photographs (Smithsonian Folkways)
Nick Drake, "One of These Things First," Bryter Layter (Island)
Martin Carthy, "Song of the Lower Classes," The Collection (Green Linnet)
Gordon Bok, "Bright Fine Gold," In the Kind Land (Timberhead)
Mississippi John Hurt, "Ain't No Telling," Avalon Blues (Columbia/Legacy)
James Bryan and Carl Jones, "Bonaparte's Retreat," Cricket's Lullaby (Dittyville)
Sting, "Girl From the North Country," Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan (Amnesty International)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487