ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

August 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

Sender:
All Things Acoustic Playlist <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2011 22:01:15 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 12 August 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
Gillian Welch, "Six White Horses," The Harrow & the Harvest (Acony)
Bruce Springsteen, "We Shall Overcome," Where Have All the Flowers Gone (Appleseed)
Peggy Seeger, "Sing About These Hard Times," Love Call Me Home (Appleseed)
Disappear Fear, "Changes," Get Your Phil (Disappear Records)
Wailin' Jennys, "Glory Bound," Live at the Mauch Chunk Opera House (Red House)
Uncle Earl, "Take These Chains," She Waits for Night (Rounder)
Loudon Wainwright, "A Year," 40 Odd Years (Shout)
The Waifs, "Lest We Forget," Shelter Me (Compass)
Christine Lavin, "Good Thing He/She Can't Read My Mind," N/A (N/A)
Peter Rowan, Don Edwards, "Reno Blues (Philadelphia Lawyer)," High Lonesome Cowboy (Shanachie)
Woody Guthrie, "Going Down the Road," My Dusty Road (Rounder)
The Atomic Duo, "Talking Key Chain Blues," N/A (The Atomic Duo)
Gordon Bok, Ann Mayo Muir, Ed Trickett, "Velveteen Love Song," Harbors of Home (Timberhead)
Slaid Cleaves, "Lydia," Broke Down (Philo)
Mike Seeger, "Whoopin' Up Cattle," Southern Banjo Sounds (Smithsonian Folkways)
Greg Brown and Friends, "I Must Be In Oregon," Solid Heart (In Harmony)
Lou & Peter Berryman, "The Stuff Song," Some Kinda Funny (Cornbelt)
Bare Knuckles, "Woody's Birthday," N/A (N/A)
Rory Block, "Gone Woman Blues," Tornado (Rounder)
Karine Polwart, "Harder to Walk These Days Than Run," Faultlines (Neon)
Ladysmith Black Mambazo, "Homeless," The Warner Bros. Collection (Warners)
Tony Trischka & Bela Fleck, "Green Willis/Whiskey Before Breakfast," Solo Banjo Works (Rounder)
Tom, Brad, & Alice, "Poor Ellen Smith," Holly Ding (Copper Creek)
Redbird, "Hold On," Redbird (Signature Sounds)
Richard Thompson, "Down Where the Drunkards Roll," Small Town Romance (Hannibal)
Danny Schmidt, "Company of Friends," Little Grey Sheep (Waterbug)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487