ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

August 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:55:27 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 19 August 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
Shawn Colvin, "Secret Gardens," Born to the Breed (Wildflower)
Greg Brown, "Spring Wind," The Live One (Red House)
Bayo Seco, "Mad Cowboy Love," Following in the Tuneprints (Ubik)
Jamie Anderson, "When Cats Take Over the World," Never Assume (Tsunami)
Cathy Fink, "Cats Got the Measles," Doggone My Time (Sugar Hill)
David Holt, "The Cat Came Back," I Got A Bullfrog (High Windy Audio)
Richard Thompson, "Drifting Through the Days," Industry (Hannibal)
Gordon Bok, "Oh, No More," Herrings in the Bay (Timberhead)
Leonard Cohen, "Joan of Arc," Songs of Love and Hate (Columbia/Legacy)
Laurie Lewis & Tom Rozum, "The Oak and the Laurel," The Oak and the Laurel (Rounder)
Gillian Welch, "The Way It Goes," The Harrow & the Harvest (Acony)
The Holy Modal Rounders, "Penny's Farm," Too Much Fun! (Rounder)
Natalie MacMaster, "The Wildcat," My Roots Are Showing (Rounder)
Los Super Seven, "Teresa," Canto (Sony)
Wishing Chair, "Bully Circus," Underdog (Terrakin)
Brian McNeill, "Seacoalers," Drones & Bellows (FMS)
Joan Baez, "Jackaroe," Bowery Songs (Koch)
Alabama Gravy Soppers, "Stomp Down Rider," Yellowhammered (Alabama Gravy Soppers)
Bare Knuckles, "The Hard Road," Trouble in Your House (Front Porch)
Loudon Wainwright, "Bill of Goods," 40 Odd Years (Shout)
Johnny Cash, "Get Rhythm," From Memphis to Hollywood: Bootleg Vol. II (Columbia/Legacy)
Mike Seeger and Peggy Seeger, "Little Birdie," Fly Down Little Bird (Appleseed)
Hey Mavis, "I Ain't Gonna Cry," Red Wine (Hey Mavis)
David Lewis, "Due South," No Straight Line (DejaDisc)
Sylvia Herold and Euphonia, "Dublin City," Lovely Nancy (Tuxedo)
Suzanne Vega, "(I'll Never Be Your) Maggie May," Close-Up Vol. 1, Love Songs (Amanuensis)
Tim Eriksen, "The Gallows Tree," Soul of the January Hills (Appleseed)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487