ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

November 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

Sender:
All Things Acoustic Playlist <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Nov 2011 21:57:27 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 25 November 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
Loudon Wainwright, "Suddenly It's Christmas/Thanksgiving," Career Moves (Charisma)
Lucy Wainwright Roche, "Bridge," 8 Songs (Lucy Wainwright Roche)
Suzzy Roche, "ABC's," Holy Smokes (Red House)
Tom Morley, "The Blacksmith's Jig / Garrett Barry's / The Old Favorite," The Raven's Wing (Flying Frog)
Richard Thompson, "The Poor Ditching Boy," The Chrono Show (Beeswing)
Emmylou Harris, "Hobo's Lullaby," Folkways:  A Vision Shared (Columbia)
Paul Robeson, "Song of the Plains," Songs of Free Men (Sony Classical)
Greg Brown, "King Corn," Iowa Waltz (Red House)
The Once, "You're My Best Friend," The Once (Borealis)
Tom Waits, "The Heart of Saturday Night," The FolkScene Collection, Vol. 2 (Red House)
The Indigo Girls, "Able to Sing," Beauty Queen Sister (Vanguard)
Tinariwen, "Amassakoul 'n' Tenere," Amassakoul (World Village)
Lou & Peter Berryman, "How We Can Sleep At Night," Rocky Frontier (Cornbelt)
Ry Cooder, "Simple Tools," Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down (Nonesuch)
Bua, "My Parents Reared Me Tenderly," Down the Green Fields (Bua)
Dirk Powell, "Mother's Little Children," Time Again (Rounder)
Mette Kathrine, "Paerevalse," Ojeblikke (GO)
Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers, "Yellow-Backed Fly," Rare Bird Alert (Rounder)
Kate Campbell, "Free World," Two Nights in Texas (Large River)
Rufus Wainwright, "Albatross," Born to the Breed (Wildflower)
Harvey Reid, "Texas Rangers," Steel Drivin' Man (Woodpecker)
Gillian Welch, "The Way It Will Be," The Harrow & the Harvest (Acony)
Lucinda Williams, "Here in California," Treasures Left Behind (Red House)
Bok, Muir & Trickett, "The Ways of Man," The Ways of Man (Folk-Legacy)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487