ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

January 2012

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2012 21:54:48 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 20 January 2012:

Pete Seeger, "Banks of Marble," If I Had Hammer (Smithsonian Folkways)
John Gorka, "I Think of You," So Dark You See (Red House)
Dar Williams, "My Friends," End of the Summer (Razor & Tie)
Brooks Williams, "I Will," Hundred Year Shadow (Signature Sounds)
Buddy Holly, "Well... All Right," From the Original Master Tapes (MCA)
The Weavers, "Tzena Tzena," Wasn't That a Time (Vanguard)
William Pint, Felicia Dale, "Cape Cod Girls," White Horses (Waterbug)
Gillian Welch, "Elvis Presley Blues," Time (The Revelator) (Alcony)
Buell Kazee, "John Hardy," Man of Constant Sorrow (Yazoo)
Loudon Wainwright, "Men," So Damn Happy (Sanctuary)
Leo Kottke, "Little Martha," A Shout Toward Noon (Private)
Christine Lavin, "Attainable Love," Attainable Love (Rounder)
Spider John Koerner, "Duncan & Brady," March 1963 (Nero's Neptune Records)
Greg Brown, "Canned Goods," If I Had Known (Red House)
Ian and Sylvia, "The Early Morning Rain," The Roots of Folk (Vanguard)
Pieta Brown, "Dirt Road Blues," A Nod to Bob 2 (Red House)
Jorma Kaukonen, "Big River Blues," Blue Country Heart (Columbia)
Kane Welch Kaplin, "Callin' You," Kane Welch Kaplin (Compass)
Crosby and Nash, "Wooden Ships," Another Stoney Evening (Blue Castle)
Sparrow & the Ghost, "17 Ghosts," Demo (Hackberry)
Gordon Bok, "Cape Ann," Peter Kagan and the Wind (Folk-Legacy)
Jackson Browne and David Lindley, with Luz Casal, "These Days," Love Is Strange (Inside)
John McCutcheon, "Hobo's Lullaby," This Land: Woody Guthrie's America (AppalSongs)
Storyhill, "Highlight," Storyhill (Red House)
Disappear Fear, "I Ain't Marching," Get Your Phil (Disappear Records)
Sarah Lee Guthrie and Family, "Don't I Fit in My Daddy's Shoes," Go Waggaloo (Smithsonian Folkways)
Jim Infantino, "Stress," The World of Particulars (Gadfly)
Hot Soup, "The Jungle Song," Soup Happens (Souper Music)
South Memphis String Band, "Old Hen," Home Sweet Home (Memphis International)
Danny Barnes, "Get Me Out Of Jail," Get Myself Together (Terminus)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487