ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

March 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

Sender:
All Things Acoustic Playlist <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:58:19 -0500
Comments:

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 18 March 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
Stan Rogers, "Northwest Passage," The Very Best of Stan Rogers (Fogarty's Cove)
Joni Mitchell, "Michael From Mountains," Joni Mitchell (Reprise)
Leonard Cohen, "Bird on a Wire," Songs from a Room (Columbia/Legacy)
Natalie MacMaster, "Hey, Johnny Cope!," My Roots Are Showing (Rounder)
Red Mountain, "Come Over and See me Sometime," Throw the Old Cow Over the Fence (Whoop It Up!)
Paul Rishell and Annie Raines, "Memphis Town," Goin' Home (Great Divide)
Dylan Sneed, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," What I Thought (Dylan Sneed)
Jil Chambless, "Follow the Heron," The Ladies Go Dancing (Jil Chambless)
The Klezmatics, "Come When I Call You," Wonder Wheel (Jewish Music Group)
The Decibelles, "Lucy's Blue Yodel," The American Fogies, vol. 2 (Rounder)
Jerry Garcia & David Grisman, "Blue Yodel #9," Been All Around This World (Acoustic Disc)
Riders in the Sky, "That's How the Yodel Was Born," Silver Jubilee (Acoustic Disc)
Gordon Bok, "The Stable Lad," In the Kind Land (Timberhead)
Bridget Allen, "Mama's Wedding Ring," N/A (Bridget Allen)
Chrissie Hynde, "My Father," Born to the Breed (Wildflower)
Los Super Seven, "Plane Wreck at Los Gatos," Los Super Seven (RCA/BMG)
Steve Winwood, "Can't Find My Way Home," N/A (Steve Winwood)
Anais Mitchell, "1984," Hymns for the Excited (Waterbug)
Tamara, "I Wish My Apartment Allowed Dogs," Fast Folk: Rebirth (Fast Folk)
Lou & Peter Berryman, "Does Your Dog Agonize," The Universe: 14 Examples (Cornbelt)
Cathy Fink, "Cats Got the Measles," Doggone My Time (Sugar Hill)
Hot Soup!, "Dig Down Deep," Soup Happens (SOUPer Music)
Brave Combo, "The Way of Love," No, No, No, Cha Cha Cha (Rounder)
John Hartford, "Steam Powered Aereo Plane," Aereo-Plain (Rounder)
Lui Collins, "All the Pretty Birds," Closer (Waterbug)
Spider John Koerner, "Hangman," March 1963 (Nero's Neptune Records)
Brian McNeill, "The Crew o' the Copenhagen," Drones & Bellows (FMS)
Joel Rafael, "This Train Is Bound for Glory," The Songs of Woody Gurthrie, vol. 1 & 2 (Inside)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org