ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

November 2008

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2008 22:03:58 -0600
Hear it now!  Despite the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, ATA is available online at:

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 07 November 2008:

R. Crumb and the Cheap Suit Serenaders, "Alabama Jubilee," Chasin' Rainbows (Shanachie)
Ani Difranco, "As Is," Little Plastic Castle (Righteous Babe)
Guy Davis, "Rolling in my Sweet Baby's Arms," Legacy (Red House)
Devil in a Woodpile, "Stealin'," Songbook, Vol. 4 (Old Town School)
Joan Baez, "I Am a Wanderer," Day After Tomorrow (Razor & Tie)
Steve Earle, "Ft. Worth Blues," El Corazón (Warner)
Clancy Brothers, "When the Ship Comes In," 30th Anniversay Concert Celebration (Columbia)
Rev. Ben Gay, "I Woke Up This Morning with My Mind on Freedom," Song For Freedom (Smithsonian Folkways)
Bruce Molsky, "Cotton Eyed Joe," Soon Be Time (Compass)
Larry Long, "I Don't Believe in Violence," Troubadour (Flying Fish)
Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, "I Truly Understand," Shady Grove (Acoustic Disc)
Joni Mitchell, "The Circle Game," Ladies of the Canyon (Reprise)
Joni Mitchell, "Song to a Seagull," Song to a Seagull (Reprise)
Joni Mitchell, "California," Blue (Reprise)
Joni Mitchell, "Cold Blue Steel," For the Roses (Reprise)
Greg Brown, "Brand New '64 Dodge," The Live One (Red House)
Richard Gilewitz, "Requiem for John Hurt," Voluntary Solitary (Gillazilla)
Polecat Creek, "Take Me Down," Salt Sea Bound (Yodel-Ay-Hee)
Susan McKeown, Lindsey Horner, "When All the Songs Were Sad," Through the Bitter Frost and Snow (Prime CD)
The Incredible String Band, "Dust Be Diamonds," Changing Horses (Ryko/Hannibal)
Kat Eggleston, "One More Step," The Only Word (Redwing)
David Ross Macdonald, "'Til I'm Gone," Knuckled Brass and Bone (Pepper Tree)
Kathy Mattea, "Coal Tattoo," Coal (Captain Potato/Thirty Tigers)
Catherine MacLellan, "Emily's Song," Church Bell Blues (True North)
Gene MacLellan, "Just Bidin' My Time," Lonesome River (EMI/Northern Heritage)
Gordon Bok, Ann Mayo Muir, Ed Trickett, "Run, Come See Jerusalem," A Water Over Stone (Folk-Legacy)
Bela Fleck, "Spunk," Double Time (Rounder)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org