ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

May 2009

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

Sender:
All Things Acoustic Playlist <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 22:01:12 -0500
Comments:

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 22 May 2009:

Stephan Smith, "All Together Now," Now's the Time (Rounder)
Ani DiFranco, "The Poet Game," Going Driftless (Red House)
Tim Eriksen, "The Southern Girl's Reply," Every Sound Below (Appleseed)
Gordon Bok, Ann Mayo Muir, Ed Trickett, "Run, Come See Jerusalem," A Water Over Stone (Folk-Legacy)
Simon and Garfunkle, "Song for the Asking/For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her," Live 1969 (Columbia/Legacy)
Lucy Wainwright Roche, "Bridge," 8 Songs (Lucy Wainwright Roche)
Catie Curtis, "Start Again," A Crash Course in Roses (Ryko)
Mike Seeger, "I Ain't Gonna Work Tomorrow," Old Time Banjo Festival (Rounder)
Roger McGuinn, "Old Paint," The Folk Den Project 1995-2005 (April First)
Dry Branch Fire Squad, "Miner's Refrain," Live at the Newburyport Firehouse (Rounder)
The Avett Brothers, "Distraction #74," Four Thieves Gone (Ramseur)
The Duhks, "Death Came A Knockin'," The Duhks (Sugar Hill)
Odetta, "Dink's Blues," Blues Everywhere I Go (MC)
Rory Block, "Ain't I A Woman," Ain't I A Woman (Rounder)
Andrew Bird, "I Shall Not Be Moved," Songbook, Vol. 4 (Old Town School)
Erica Wheeler, "Onward From Here," Almost Like Tonight (Blue Pie)
Beth Whitney, "Kicking Pinecones," Leave Your Shoes (Malamute)
Shinobu Sato, "Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child," Little Signs of Autumn (Waterbug)
Aubrey Atwater and Elwood Donnelly, "The Blackest Crow," The Blackest Crow (Rabbitt Island)
Robbie Schaefer, "Big Noise," In the Flesh (Robbie Schaefer)
Pete Seeger, "I Know an Old Lady (Who Swallowed a Fly)," Birds, Beasts, Bugs and Fishes (Little and Big) (Smithsonian Folkways)
Euphonia, "In Tall Buildings," The Old Jawbone (Euphonia)
John Sebastian and the J-Band,with Yank Rachell, "Divin' Duck," I Want My Roots (MusicMasters)
Po' Girl, "City Song," Po' Girl (Hightone)
John Gorka, "Always Going Home," Out of the Valley (BMG)
Michele Dominguez Greene, "Pajarito Colorado," Luna Roja (Appleseed)
Tish Hinojosa, "Sacrifices," Dreaming from the Labyrinth (Warner)
Fito Olivares, "Juana La Cubana," Lone Star Soundtrack (Daring)
Michael Troy, "Fishboat," Born into the Whisper (Waterbug)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org