ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

January 2013

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

Sender:
All Things Acoustic Playlist <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:52:06 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 16 November 2012:

Pete Seeger, "Banks of Marble," If I Had Hammer (Smithsonian Folkways)
Billy Bragg, "The Only One," Worker's Playtime (Elektra)
Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, "The Thrill is Gone," Jerry Garcia/David Grisman (Acoustic Disc)
Jesse Colin Young, "Four in the Morning," Troubadours of the Folk Era, Vol. 1 (Rhino)
Mahavishnu John McLaughlin, "Phillip Lane," My Goal's Beyond (Douglas Communications)
Sotho Gospel Choir, "Jesu Oa Re Lwela," The Spirit of African Gospel (ARC)
David Lindley & Hani Naser, "Way Out West in Kansas," Live In Tokyo (Pleemhead)
Tracy Chapman, "For My Lover," Tracy Chapman (Elektra)
Richard Thompson, "Waltzing's for Dreamers," Amnesia (Capitol/EMI)
John and Jamie Hartford, "Killing Floor," Hartford & Hartford (Flying Fish)
D'Gary, "Betepotepo," Malagasy Guitar (Shanachie)
Cheryl Wheeler, "I Know This Town," Ben & Jerry's Newport Folk Festival, Vol. 2 (Alcazar)
Leo Kottke, "Louise," Greenhouse (Beat Goes On)
Greg Brown, "Night," Songs of Innocence and Experience (Red House)
Willie Nelson, "American Tune," Across the Borderline (Columbia)
The Weavers, "On Top of Old Smokey," Wasn't That a Time! (Vanguard)
Sweet Honey in the Rock, "More Than a Paycheck," Selections 1976-1988 (Flying Fish)
Bob Dylan, "Frankie and Albert," Good as I Been to You (Columbia)
The Washington Squares, "New Generation," The Washington Squares (Gold Castle)
Fairport Convention, "Mason's Apron," Instruments (Hannibal)
John Gorka, "The Mortal Groove," Between Five and Seven (High Street Records)
Kim and Reggie Harris, "Get on Board," Rock of Ages (Appleseed)
Annbj?rg Lien, "Larry Goes Log-Driving," Aliens Alive (NorthSide)
Ewan MacColl, "Off to Sea Once More," Grateful Dawg (Acoustic Disc)
Ralph Stanley, "O Death," O Brother, Where Art Thou? (Mercury)
Pete Seeger, "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?," If I Had a Hammer: Songs of Hope & Struggle (Smithsonian Folkways)
John McCutcheon & Tom Chapin, "Pastures of Plenty," Doing Our Job (Rounder Select)
The Red Mountain White Trash, "Singing My Troubles Away," Chickens Don't Roost Too High (Whoop It Up!)
Kristin Hall, "Seeds of a Lifetime," Be Careful What You Wish For (High Street Records)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487