ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

September 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:00:38 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 16 September 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
Gillian Welch, "Hard Times," The Harrow & the Harvest (Acony)
Jil Chambless & Scooter Muse, "From Clare to Here," The Laverock Sang (Jil Chambless & Scooter Muse)
Kaki King, "Solipsist," Legs to Make Us Longer (Red Ink)
Balfa Toujours, "Jeunes Filles de la Campagne," Deux Voyages (Rounder)
The Klezmatics, "Barikadn," Rise Up! (Rounder)
Jonathan Richman, "New Kind of Neighborhood," The Rounder Records Story (Rounder)
Flying Jenny, "Brother Ephus," Flying Jenny (Whoop It Up)
Cathy Fink, "Oh! Susanna," Banjo Talkin' (Rounder)
James McCandless & Julianne Macarus, "The Drunken Brawl," Out West Somewhere (Waterbug)
Deirdre Flint, "Kenya," Then Again (Deirdre Flint)
Gordon Bok, "Sarabande's Story," Other Eyes (Timberhead)
Annie Gallup, "My War," Weather (Waterbug)
Bob Dylan, "Man of Constant Sorrow," No Direction Home (Columbia/Legacy)
John Danley, "When the Saints Go Marching In," Durable Americana (A Priori)
Bare Knuckles, "Alabama Dust," Alabama Dust (Front Porch)
Greg Brown, "Ella Mae," If I Had Known (Red House)
Cara Luft, "Wilcox," The Light Fantastic (Black Hen)
Mithril, "Sparky at the Wheel," The Return Home (Flying Frog)
Joni Mitchell, "Let the Wind Carry Me," For the Roses (Asylum)
Disappear Fear, "When I'm Gone," Get Your Phil (Disappear Records)
Big Medicine, "Who Killed Poor Robin," Too Old To be Controlled (Yodel-Ay-Hee)
Pete Seeger, "When First I Came to This Land," Live in '65 (Appleseed)
Red Horse, "I Am a Child," Red Horse (Red House)
Joan Baez, "Day After Tomorrow," Day After Tomorrow (Razor & Tie)
Leo Kottke, "Parade," Live (On the Spot)
Roy Book Binder, "I'm Goin' Home Someday," Live Book... Don't Start Me Talkin'... (Rounder)
David Massengill, "Tell Old Bill," We Will Be Together (Gadfly)
Grenadilla, "Arabella Angelique," Grenadilla (Grenadilla)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487