ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

June 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2011 21:56:51 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 24 June 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
Bill Morrissey, "Avalon Blues," Songs of Mississippi John Hurt (Philo)
Danny Schmidt, "Buckets of Rain," A Nod to Bob 2 (Red House)
Shawn Colvin, "Kathy's Song," Live '88 (Plump)
Kim & Reggie Harris, "Old Devil Time," If I Had a Song: The Songs of Pete Seeger (Appleseed)
Spider John Koerner, "Good Time Charlie," March 1963 (Nero's Neptune Records)
Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, "The Handsome Cabin Boy," Shady Grove (Acoustic Disc)
Jil Chambless & Scooter Muse, "The Bold Deserter," The Laverock Sang (Jil Chambless & Scooter Muse)
Tim Eriksen, "I Wish the Wars Were Over," Tim Eriksen (Appleseed)
The Chieftains, with Ry Cooder, "The Sands of Mexico," San Patricio (Hear Music)
Ramblin' Jack Elliott, "Rake and Ramblin' Boy," South Coast (Red House)
Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer, "A-E-I-O and U," Scat Like That (Rounder)
Bayou Seco, "Ain't Gonna Work Tomorrow," Music in the Air (Zerx)
Riders in the Sky, "The Ballad of Palindrome," A Great Big Western Howdy! From... (Rounder)
Pierce Pettis, "Little River Canyon," State of Grace (Compass)
Grace Pettis, "Bluebird," Live in the ATA Studio (All Things Acoustic)
The Be Good Tanyas, "For the Turnstiles," Hello Love (Nettwerk)
Greg Brown, "Never Shine Sun," One Night (Red House)
The Wildwood Ruminators, "I Still Pray for You," The Wildwood Ruminators (The Wildwood Ruminators)
Flying Jenny, "Angel Gabriel," Flying Jenny (Whoop It Up!)
Roger McGuinn, "Mighty Day," The Folk Den Project 1995-2005 (April First)
Golden Ring, "One Man Shall Mow My Meadow," Golden Ring (Folk-Legacy)
Susan McKeown, "In London So Fair," Bushes & Briars (Alula)
Ariane Lydon, "Stranger, Stranger," Still She Moves (Overt)
James McCandless, Julianne Macarus, "King of the Mugs," Out West Somewhere (Waterbug)
The Low Anthem, "(Don't) Tremble," Oh My God, Charlie Darwin (Nonesuch)
Annie Gallup, "All Those Fools," Cause and Effect (Prime-CD)

THE INTERNET FOLK RADIO LIST

Alabama Public Radio distributes a big ol' directory of folk/acoustic radio programs throughout North America and the world.  (Converted from a "list" to a real database and updated in 2000 and then further refined in 2006.)

The List is available, for free, from:

http://www.allthingsacoustic.org/tifrl/

The List contains over 500 programs and may be browsed/searched online or downloaded for your databasin' pleasure.

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
Alabama Public Radio: WUAL/WQPR/WAPR
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org