ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

January 2012

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 22:02:31 -0600

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 27 January 2012:

Pete Seeger, "Banks of Marble," If I Had Hammer (Smithsonian Folkways)
Greg Brown, "Vivid," Dream City (Red House)
The Fuchsia Band, "Nil na La," I Lar an Aonaigh (The Fuchsia Band)
Neil Young, "Down By the River," Live at Massey Hall 1971 (Reprise)
Bob Dylan, "Chimes of Freedom," Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan (Amnesty International)
K'Naan, "With God On Our Side," Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan (Amnesty International)
Ziggy Marley, "Blowin' in the Wind," Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan (Amnesty International)
Grace Pettis, "Dancing," Grace Pettis (Blue Rock)
James Keelaghan, "My Old Man," Road (HighTone)
Ani DiFranco, "Little Plastic Castle," Little Plastic Castle (Righteous Babe)
Bruce Molsky & Big Hoedown, "Old Paint," Bruce Molsky & Big Hoedown (Rounder)
Mike Seeger, "The Mayor is a Good Old Boy," Third Annual Farewell Reunion (Rounder)
Punch Brothers, "You Are," Antifogmatic (Nonesuch)
The Carolina Chocolate Drops, "Cornbread and Butterbeans," Genuine Negro Jig (Nonesuch)
Rin Tin Tiger, "Far Away," Rin Tin Tiger (Rin Tin Tiger)
Norman Blake, "Down Home Summertime Blues," The Rounder Records Story (Rounder)
Gordon Bok, "Ocean Station Bravo," Other Eyes (Timberhead)
Richard Thompson, "Beeswing," Mirror Blue (Capitol)
Ruth Moody, "Nest," The Garden (Red House)
Dave van Ronk, "Both Sides Now," The Mayor of MacDougal Street (Multicultural Media)
Joni Mitchell, "Michael from Mountains," Song to a Seagull (Reprise)
Enoch Kent, "The Gallowa' Hills," Take a Trip With Me (Borealis)
John Danley, "The Roger Waters Trolley," A Guitarist's Compendium (John Danley)
Jack Johnson, "Anything But the Truth," To the Sea (Bushfire)
Rose Polenzani, "Shake Through to Ugly," Waterbug Anthology 2 (Waterbug)
Old Crow Medicine Show, "Bobcat Tracks," Big Iron World (Nettwerk)
Riders in the Sky, "Cowboy Jubilee," The Rounder Records Story (Rounder)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487