ATA-PLAYLIST Archives

October 2011

ATA-PLAYLIST@LISTSERV.UA.EDU

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:18:18 -0500

http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org

"All Things Acoustic" is a weekly program of folk, singer-songwriter, and world music broadcast at 100,000 watts on Alabama Public Radio (WUAL/WQPR/WAPR/WHIL -- covering Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Muscle Shoals, Selma, Tuscaloosa).  The host is Jeremy Butler.

And now, the tunes we played on 21 October 2011:

Bruce Molsky, "Sail Away Ladies," Lost Boy (Rounder)
The Weavers, "Erie Canal," Wasn't That a Time (Vanguard)
The Carolina Chocolate Drops, "Trouble in Your Mind," Genuine Negro Jig (Nonesuch)
Doc Watson, "Little Sadie," Gerdes Folk City (Sugar Hill)
Gillian Welch, "Red Clay Halo," Time (The Revelator) (Acony)
Jonathan Edwards, "If I Were A Carpenter," Rollin' Along (Strictly Country)
Tim Hardin, "Reason to Believe," The Folk Years: Reason to Believe (Time Life)
Jake Berry, "Slow Motion Town," Slow Motion Town (Front Porch)
The Chieftains, "Lullaby for the Dead," San Patricio (Hear Music)
Jil Chambless, "When First I Came to Caledonia," The Ladies Go Dancing (Jil Chambless)
Henri's Notions, "Merchant's Son," A Trip to the Cottage (Henri's Notions)
Joan Baez, "Seven Curses," Bowery Songs (Koch)
Kaki King, "Magazine," Legs to Make Us Longer (Red Ink/Epic)
Marie Knight, "Let Us Get Together," Let Us Get Together (MC)
Jonathan Richman, "Let's Take a Trip," It's Time For... (Upside)
Greg Brown, "Spring Wind," If I Had Known (Red House)
Woody Guthrie, "Hard Travelin'," My Dusty Road (Rounder)
Judy Frankel, "Tres Hermanicas," Saphardic Songs of Love and Hope (Judy Frankel)
Gordon Bok, Ann Mayo Muir, Ed Trickett, "And So Will We Yet," And So Will We Yet (Folk-Legacy)
Dar Williams, "Family," Mortal City (Razor & Tie)
Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen, "Their Brains Were Small and They Died," W. 4th & 6th Ave.: Greenwich Village Folk Festival (Gadfly)
The Accidentals, "Betrothal," One Meat Ball (Appleseed)
Lou & Peter Berryman, "Blank Blanker," The Universe: 14 Examples (Cornbelt)
Johnny Collins, with Dave Webber, "Randy Dandy O," Shanties & Songs of the Sea (ARC)
Bob Neuwirth, Eliza Carthy, "I Wish I Was a Mole in the Ground," The Harry Smith Project (Shout)
Odetta, "All the Pretty Little Horses," The Essential Odetta (Vanguard)
Jim Henry & Brooks Williams, "On the Rollin' Sea," Ring Some Changes (Signature Sounds)
David Lindley & Wally Ingram, "Minglewood Blues," FolkScene Collection, Vol. III (Red House)

Jeremy Butler

Host, All Things Acoustic
http://www.AllThingsAcoustic.org
Box 870370/Tuscaloosa/AL/35487