Keith Blay writes:
>I am teaching a course.... for seventh and eighth graders >(13-14 year olds).
I am looking for films adapted from >stories (preferably short stories)
suitable for this age group. >with quality adaptions into film. Any
suggestions or >favorites?

(shortish)  The Red Badge of Courage, The Old Man and the Sea, Lord of the
Flies,
(not so short) The Yearling, Old Yeller <hack--agh--Disney>,
A Member of the Wedding,  To Kill A Mockingbird,  Animal Farm,

Jean Jameson, Arts Analysis Inst, Cambridge MA