Re: Harvey's (? I think original poster) request about Male Fantasies and
references to 'armored male bodies' -- Claudia Springer, _Electronic Eros:
Bodies and Desire in the Postindustrial Age_, University of Texas press,
1996

Her argument about and use of Theweleit is also picked up by Scott Bukatman,
in _Terminal Identity_ and by Mark Dery, especially in his newest book
_Escape Velocity_

Hope that helps... can I ask why you're looking for these references? (i.e.
what are you working on?:))

Ann Braithwaite

http://www.sa.ua.edu/screensite