----------------------------- Begin Original Text
-----------------------------

But I recently asked two 8-year-old girls
what they thought of "Beauty and the Beast," and they both said they were
very dissapointed that the beast changed into a man at the end because he
was "boring" now.

This may remind some oldsters like myself of Garbo's reaction to Cocteau's
"Beauty and the Beast". As the Beast changed into a very ostentatiously
pretty Jean Marais, she said: "Bring me back my Beast!".

Gene Stavis, School of Visual Arts - NYC