> Does anyone know if Visconti's version of Camus' THE STRANGER is available
> either on tape or 16 mm. and who might have it?  thanks.
>
> Reply to:
>
> --Don Larsson, Mankato State U., MN

        This is a non answer, but I am telling you everything I know.  I
saw a print of *Lo Straniero* in Italy about ten years ago--maybe
longer.  Never saw it again around, on tape or print.  It was one of
those rare events.  I do not think the film is available, but I would
love to be wrong.  Maybe because of all the problems between production
and Camus's widow that lead Visconti to make a film he did not feel was
his own anymore.  Another reason why it bombed.

        Gloria Monti