I don't know about this rights issue. As far as I know Orion Pictures (MGM) used to have it and, at least until last year, Alliance Atlantis here in Canada had it as well. Whatever the case may be, I've learned a long time ago that Facets is not the final place to find what you're looking for (you also don't have to pay inflated prices either). You can find this at Video Flicks, in NTSC widescreen & subtitled, for $19.99 at:

http://www.videoflicks.com/VF2/1023/1023772.ihtml?9806
.

Date:         Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:19:08 BST
Sender:       Film and TV Studies Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         valerie orpen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: a girl and a gun

I'm absolutely certain Godard said it, and most probably in one of
his *Cahiers* reviews, but which one?...
Dr V. Orpen
Lecturer in French Screen Studies
Department of French Studies
University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
Tel: 0161 275 3217
Fax: 0161 275 3031

Date:         Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:22:47 -0500
Sender:       Film and TV Studies Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Peter Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Wings of Desire

To: T.D.Tucker: I purchased my VHS copy of WINGS OF DESIRE in Toronto about
6 months ago (widescreen, German with English subtitles). It is distributed
by Alliance Atlantis, and it has a website at www.allianceatlantis.com.
Maybe you can locate the video there. Also, try www.reel.com - it has a cop
> From: Graves, Jane H. <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Wings of Desire
> Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 5:17 PM
>
> Try Ebay.  I just looked and they have tons of Wim Wenders stuff.  I'm
sure
> there's a copy among them.
>
> Jane

Screen-L