SCREEN-L Archives

December 1999, Week 2

From:
Peter Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 19:46:48 -0500
Paul: There is an on-line ordering company in Los Angeles (www.reel.com),
which has SO THIS IS LOVE and INTERRUPTED MELODY. I've dealt with it in the
past, and found it a reliable service. Unfortunately, these videos are in
the North American format, rather than the European. You may have a real
problem finding A LADY'S MORALS. There must be a UK source for the  later
videos you are looking for. Incidentally, Kathryn Grayson did her own
singing for playing Grace Moore in SO THIS IS LOVE, but an opera singer
called Eileen Farrell dubbed for Eleanor Parker playing Majorie Lawrence in
INTERRUPTED MELODY. If you're into singers overcoming physical problems
such as Lawrence, you may want to look at WITH A SONG IN MY HEART (1952)
with Susan Hayward playing Jane Froman, who dubbed the songs for Hayward.
And there's always Doris Day playing Ruth Etting in LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME,
and Ann Blyth playing Helen Morgan in THE HELEN MORGAN STORY(Makes sense!).
Each did her own singing.
Good luck with your search. Peter Warren, Toronto., Canada (an ex-Brit)