SCREEN-L Archives

December 1999, Week 1

From:
Sandy Camargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:48:58 -0600
These are both somewhat old now (late 1980s, early 1990s), but John Ellis's
Visible Fictions and John Fiske's Television Culture are both good places
to start. Two other useful books that present applications of various
theories to television are Robert C. Allen, Channels of Discourse,
Reassembled, and Leah Vande Berg's collection of readings called Television
Criticism.
        Good luck,
        Sandy Camargo
        Department of English