SCREEN-L Archives

December 1999, Week 1

From:
Tony Crean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 07:58:47 GMT
David Buckingham has done a lot of work on this topic, with particular
reference to children and the effects of screen violence. His publications
include:
Moving Images: Understanding Children's Emotional Responses to Television
(Manchester University Press, 1996)
After the Death of Childhood: Growing Up in the Age of Electronic Media
(Polity Press, in press - publication early 2000.)
Children's Television in Britain: Defining the Child Viewer (British Film
Institute, 1999) with Hannah Davies, Ken Jones, Peter Kelly.
In Front of the Children: Screen Entertainment and Young Audiences (British
Film Institute, 1995) which he edited with Cary Bazalgette.
His webpage at the London University Institute of Education is at
http://www.ioe.ac.uk/ccs/buckingham/ and you should have no difficulty
finding his email address.

Best wishes