SCREEN-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
Adam Wathen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 08:24:49 -0600
>Alan L. Rousseau wrote:

>My idea of a "typical" Western:
>Year: Anywhere from 1860 to 1910
>Location: Preferably west of the Mississippi including California, Nevada,
>Arizona(hey, I can't leave out  Tombstone) or Texas.

Also don't forget Wyoming (where the hole in the wall gang hid out for
goodness sakes!) and Montana (as in THE SEARCHERS) and Oklahoma and New
Mexico and Old Mexico for that matter (see MAGNIFICENT SEVEN which is a
great western from Japan!)

Adam Wathen
Adam Wathen
Reference/Documents Librarian           (402) 280-2978
Creighton University                    [log in to unmask]
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite