SCREEN-L Archives

October 1999, Week 5

From:
"Christina B. Hanhardt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 14:30:31 +0100
 ***  Q U E E R  C I T Y  S I G H T S  ***

curated by Christina B. Hanhardt and Julia Bryan-Wilson

MIX: New York Lesbian and Gay Experimental Film/ Video Festival
Thursday, November 11, 1999
6:00 p.m.
Anthology Film Archives
32 Second Avenue, NYC

How do queers inhabit the city?  And how does the city inhabit them?

This program of fictions, fantasies, visual metaphors, and experimental
documentaries explores the relationship between physical location and
sexual identity.  As these lesbian, gay and transgendered bodies move
through urban spaces, they engage with issues central to the city:
anonymity, surveillance, desire, motion, architecture, public sex,
development, policing, utopias and dystopias.  All situate bodies
within urban landscapes and chart the diversity of ways that places can
mark sexual practice.

Featuring videos and films by:
Heather E. Cameron  *  Jordan Crandall * Shawna Dempsey and Lori Millan *
Rodney Evans  *  Bubu Kakati  *  Hope Peterson  *  Ho Tam  *  Kris Zalite

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO PURCHASE TICKETS CONTACT:
http://www.mixnyc.org
212-269-4TIX