SCREEN-L Archives

October 1999, Week 5

From:
Susan Vaill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 15:19:52 -0800
Julie Dash's DAUGHTERS OF THE DUST centers on a turn-of-the-century African
American family struggling with those who want to emigrate from their island
home off the coast of Georgia (to mainland USA, Christianity) vs. the older
generation that wants to keep in touch with the history and tradition they
brought with them from Africa and maintained through slavery to freedom on
this island.

--

Susan Vaill

Graduate Production Student